If there’s one thing that has characterised the fitness sector in 2020, it has been the widespread adoption of digital. Wholeheartedly embraced as a means to reach members – and indeed consumers isolated at home, whether members or not – with excellent fitness content, the sector has been instrumental in keeping people active and firing on all cylinders, both physically and mentally, throughout this health crisis.
For that, it is to be congratulated. The foundations are well and truly laid for a hybrid future – one in which gym operators are as relevant to exercisers away from the club as they are in-person.
We have also played our part. Throughout the course of this year, we’ve put our foot on the development accelerator pedal to ensure world-class support for the sector as it sped forward into not just a digital future, but a digital present.
Just in case you missed anything, we wanted to take this opportunity to do a quick roll call, highlighting some of Wexer’s key innovations from 2020 that will help operators thrive in 2021 and beyond.
- Web Player Connect – launched in June, Connect provides operators with their own space in the Web Player to stream their self-created live and on-demand content in a password-protected, white labelled, monetisable environment.
- Live streaming – available within Connect, operators can now use the Web Player to stream their own live (and ‘as-live’) content, as well as on-demand.
- Class of the day feature – ensures there’s always something fresh and engaging to keep variety-seeking members motivated.
- Collections – 30+ new class collections launched this year, all themed to help exercisers find exactly what they’re looking for.
- Updated design/UX – launched a new interface for a more user-friendly experience – helping exercisers find the best and most relevant content.
- Channels – created for a January 2021 launch, Channels shines a spotlight on content creators, inspiring a steady stream of fresh new uploads and making it extra-easy for end users to find their perfect workout.
- Adestra – launched in Q4, Adestra is a powerful communications tool that’s integrated with our Web Player offering. Free for all clients, the platform enables operators to create and automate engaging targeted email campaigns to members.
- QR code integration – with the move towards hybrid, it was important that in-club Virtual was brought into the Web Player and App ecosystem. Our QR code integration delivers this, allowing members to scan an in-club Virtual workout and take it away to do at home.
- Wexer SDK (Software Development Kit) – operators can now take some or all of the huge content library and features available in our app, and easily integrate them into their own apps. Members enjoy strength in depth in their gym’s online experience; operators don’t have to produce the content themselves.
- Club MMS integrations – we’ve integrated our ecosystem with Motionsoft, Legend and Gladstone. Any operators using these systems, who want to give their members access to Wexer’s Mobile solutions, can do so quickly and simply, with access control already in place.
- User authentication platform integrations – we’ve also integrated with Azure SSO and OpenID SSO, two of the most popular single sign-on platforms, to control access and drive seamlessness in the online member experience.
With an extensive development roadmap ahead of us, this momentum will now continue into 2021 and beyond.
Our mission: to continue to support you, through user-friendly technology and the assistance of our dedicated teams, to ensure that – even as tech continues to advance – you have the market’s easiest-to-use tools at your disposal to meet the new and emerging demands of your customers.
To find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org